Friday, March 30, 2012

Dead Caterpillar Tree

Got an e-mail on Thursday that the election poll books were finally printed. I wouldn't have a chance today to pick them up unless I did it right after milking. So I brought an extra set of clothes and hoped I could stay upwind of everyone. After milking, I went to the clerk's office to pick up the last of the election material. Under the new state law, today is the final day to vote absentee so  bopped over to the post office to check if I had any last minute absentee ballot requests. No requests. I drove past the library and even in my odoriferous state decided to stop in and check if the librarian knew who was working
the Saturday shift. She called the volunteer coordinator while I talked to w/ Wyde, who was taking his wood crafting out of the display case and Rose, who was putting in her egg collection. The librarian came over w/ the keys to the library. The coordinator had forgotten to get someone so could I do it? On the way home, got a call from a couple wanting to vote absentee. We agreed on them dropping by my house in an hour. Finally, home, and that much needed shower.
P.S. Not really dead caterpillars.  Just catkins that had blown off a nearby poplar tree.

No comments: