Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Tillie (Old English Sheepdog)

My annual physical today.  The nurse asked if I was having any problems.  I told her that my right foot hurt when I wore shoes.  I could only comfortably wear my hiking boots or Wellies.  She made a note, gave me one of those scraps of cloth she euphemistically called a robe and left.   When the doc walked into the exam room she gasped.  While my right foot might be the one w/ an issue, my left foot currently is a vivid purple from toes to ankle, somewhat swollen, and looks fairly hideous. "What happened?" she asked.  "My foot and a piece of firewood had a tryst in the dark last Thursday." I replied.  She laughed.  Always a good thing to put your physician at ease before an examination.

A picture from my cousin, Paul Domsten.

No comments: