Saturday, January 07, 2012

Owl tracks

Winter brings out the odd readers.  Library duty this morning.  Got a call from a woman who had me running around the library looking for specific books she wanted to read.  I found two and said I could order the third from another library.  I put the two on the hold shelf for her and asked for her card number.  "Oh, I don't have a library card," she said, "will that be a problem?" --  Then a man walked up to the desk and said he just could not find the book Peter the Great that the computer said should be in this library.  I saw the number was in Biographies which are located on a different shelf.  I found the book and handed it to him.  "I'm not ready to read it yet," he said, "just wanted to know where it was."  --  A women walked up to the desk and asked if I could tell her what books her father had read last winter.  "No", I said, "but if he set up his profile on the library's system to keep track of his reading history, he can look it up on-line."  She was pretty sure he hadn't done that.  "You don't keep track of what everyone reads?"  --  Like I said, I think it's just that winter has set in.

2 comments:

Sclark73 said...

Very pretty picture Sue, so is those swoosh tracks from its wings? I never seen an owl track before, very interesting.

Anonymous said...

I can relate. There were some crazy humdinger questions posed to me when I worked for the airlines as well.
(Sometimes you just shake your head and wonder...)
Rebecca