Monday, December 05, 2011

Summer Cottages closed for the Season

Has been snowing off and on for the last two days. Indy was excited to get out for the walk and was running and bounding everywhere. Finally the snow slowed her down a little and she fell in behind me. We checked on my nephew's deer bait on the way home and it looks like the deer have found it. Couldn't be certain since the fluffy snow has obliterated the tracks but I can tell the corn cobs had been tossed around. He had shyly asked if I might possibly check on it periodically and put more corn out when needed and had left three bags of cob corn for me along w/ a bucket explaining how much I could put out to be legal. Since he'll be bow hunting in the area, I'll make sure to do everything within DNR limits. No need to tell him that later, after deer hunting season and when the snow gets deep, I feed the deer way more than the limit. Would appreciate it if you would keep mum on that too.

No comments: