Monday, September 26, 2011

Immature Bluebird

I don't do well on Mondays.  Over the weekend I get out of my usual wake up time.  I eat at different times.  I stay awake late listening to Old Time Radio.  Also on Mondays we stay after milking to scrub the parlor.  Today we stayed even longer since I decided we would steam clean the parlor.  Mike steamed one side while Lisa and I scrubbed the opposite.  When I finally left the dairy just before noon, it was overcast, windy, and cold.  What a dismal day.  I sat down in the leather chair and promptly fell asleep for a couple of hours.  Sleep is a wonderful thing.  When I awoke, I thought, "What a great day."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today was a rainy overcast day here in the 'sunny south'. Finally I gave up and went to read a new book, only to find out I had already read it. Dozed off for a while and felt much more ambitious.
Maybe it was the 4th Monday in September. JVM

Anonymous said...

I suspect my call was the reason you woke up - sorry.

Flip