Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fungi Phil

My brother, Phil, came today and Indy decided we should go for a walk.  We walked through the fields and stopped to talk for awhile to my neighbor who was raking hay.  Then we went over to his gravel pit.  He had told us that they would be taking the rock there and crushing them for gravel in a few days.  Phil climbed over the rock pile and we cached a few pretty ones by a tree to be picked up by my tractor later.  Then we meandered through the woods as I pointed out asters, Canadian May flower berries, winterberry shrubs, and puff balls.  The path we were on usually takes just an hour to walk but it was three hours later when we arrived back at my place.  Not really sure where all of the time went but I enjoyed every minute of it. (P.S. Thanks, Dan, for the title idea.)

No comments: