Saturday, August 06, 2011

Banded Garden Spider (Argiope trifasciata)

My Rocket City daylilies have been very prolific this year.  Their blooms are a combination of burnt and golden orange and are at least 6 inches. They overwhelm other daylilies in my bouquets so I don't use them often.  This morning it looked like a storm was coming.  Daylily flowers are delicate things that don't handle rough weather well.  I ran out and picked my usual 11 for a table arrangement and then all of the Rocket City that were in bloom.  I arranged the Rocket City in a shallow dish and drove through a rainstorm to the Nursing Home.  Aunt June was delighted w/ the beautiful mound of flowers.  They will be brighten up her room for the rest of the day but wither by the morning.  Daylily flowers take "carpe diem" seriously.

No comments: