Monday, July 04, 2011

Light cloud cover at sunrise

My cousin, Paul Domsten, took pictures of the fireworks show on Saturday at the same time I did.  Difference in our pics is that photography is his hobby.  He has great shots of the fireworks at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pauld507/ I worked this morning. Cows like consistency and wouldn't appreciate having a day off milking. The farm has two large water tanks overhead in the utility room. They fill w/ water from the wells which then provides sufficient water pressure for the jet hoses. They also are used for cleaning in the barn area and if someone does water intensive cleaning such as emptying/cleaning/and refilling the cows drinking vats, as they did today, the tanks run dry. The hoses were spitting equal amounts of air and water soon after I started rinsing down the parlor after milking. I had to stop periodically, do some other work, and when I came back, the hoses would have built up pressure for a few moments.  However, that was the only glitch in an otherwise perfect day. Happy 4th!

No comments: