Saturday, June 04, 2011

Eastern Bluebirds

After tonight's short walk of 45 minutes, I went through my usual routine.  Sloughed off all of my clothes and dropped them in the bathtub.  Checked myself over in a 3-way mirror.  I'm very glad I'm white.  Not that I'm a racist - just that it is so much easier to see dark ticks against light skin!  Bent over the sink and combed my hair forward (my hair style looks exactly like Donald Trump's after this maneuver).  Started picking off ticks that had climbed to the top of my mound of clothes.  My count is 40 and still climbing so I acquired about a tick per minute.  No wonder I go a little insane this time of year.  Wish I could wear Frontline like Indy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! Is this just because you like to walk in the swamps?
I don't remember getting that many ticks just walking around the farm and pastures.
Rebecca