Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wild Plum blossoms

Got a notice tonight from the library that the DVD "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow" is waiting for me to pick up.   It never came to town (or I missed it somehow) and I wanted to see it before the last installment of the saga comes out this year.  I got on-line and ordered it through the library.  That was in January.  I don't think it was yet released so I was put on a waiting list.  I remember looking at the computer screen and seeing I was 325 out of 325 requests.  Since a DVD can be checked out for one week, I wondered just how many years I would need to wait.  However, a combination of the library getting multiple copies and an efficient state-wide system has resulted in a notice - after only about 5 months - that there is a copy for me to view.   In an age of instant gratification, I rather enjoyed the anticipation. 

No comments: