Saturday, January 15, 2011

Indy hunting voles

At first I was amused when an astronomer recently pointed out that the ecliptic actually goes through 13 constellations, not 12.  Astrologers started scrambling to decide what this meant - add Ophiuchus to the list or stay w/ the originals.  I consider astrology a bunch of nonsense but like anyone who lived through the '60's, I do know my sign and the somewhat vague attributes associated w/ people who were born during that time of year.  But it was still a little unsettling to realize that if the signs were changed, I was no longer a Leo. So, if the zodiac has been

incorrect for awhile and will continue to change over time (earth wobble), why maintain a limit of just 12 (or 13) constellations?  Next time you are asked, "What's your sign?" answer w/ Orion", "Big Dipper", or "Northern Cross".  Personally, I think I'm a Draco, the Dragon.

No comments: