Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I - Cattail


I love my silk long johns but they aren't as sturdy as denim.  I needed to replenish my supply.  Land's End where I have always gone to buy them before is good but they don't have a lot of variety.  Found WinterSilks which had three weights - light if you are moving about, medium if you are sitting a bit, and heavy if it's really, really cold.  They also have short-sleeved tops; perfect for milking since my forearms get ...uh...dirty and I rinse and/or wipe them off often.  Everything came in the mail today.  Besides the light-weight pairs for work, I'd ordered a medium-weight pair for wearing around the house.  I put that pair on immediately and wore them all day - while I was at the computer getting ready for the next town board meeting and while I was outside on a short jaunt w/ Indy.  The book I'm reading on the Ice Age's impact on mankind is at the point now where the author is expounding on how the invention of the eyed needle was of huge importance for people to survive the glaciation of Europe.   My mind keeps going back to the idea of what they would have done if they'd had silk long johns!

No comments: