Thursday, January 06, 2011

E - Barbed Wire Fence

I live in hardiness zone 3 which means that the minimum temp during the year is close to 40 below zero. While it won't be quite that cold, the forecast for the next three weeks is below zero lows. I always remind myself during these chilly stretches that it's what keeps all of the little nasties from down south living here: termites, Africanized bees, kudzu, and peppertrees for example. They may try to invade during the summer but get killed off in the bitterly cold winter. So, frigid days are good things. (Though personally, I think we could risk a warm up.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the letter E. I almost forgot the concept and you had explained it just a few days ago. Sheesh!

CJB

Anonymous said...

You don't have a problem with cockroaches either. Never take that for granted, by the way!
Rebecca