Monday, December 27, 2010

Leaf buds

Phone rang this morning and the caller asked if he was speaking to Susan Mayer. "Yes," I replied. "I want you to know there are others that agree w/ you. They shouldn't have taken down your mountain ash trees and lilac bushes" said the caller. When the road crew had chopped down the brush along my land a few weeks ago, I had written my first letter-to-the-editor of the local paper and let off some steam. It had been published and I'd forgotten about the incident. However my letter had resonated w/ the caller since he, too, had tried to stop road crews from removing his landscaped bushes. In both of our cases there were no overhead power lines and the bushes cut were ornamentals that were on our property (but technically within the road easement). We commiserated on the loss of some beautifying plants and, what we considered, the waste of county resources in indiscriminate stripping of the land. Nice to know there are others that agree w/ me on this point.

No comments: