Thursday, December 02, 2010

Bald Eagle

I said my car had issues before - nothing major - just aging. My beloved CD player stopped working (along w/ the radio) suddenly a few weeks ago. Occasionally I noticed that the trip odometer would go back to zero - even though I only reset it when I fill up w/ gas. However, when the car had trouble starting on these cold mornings (even when it was in a heated garage), I took notice. First I threw my sleeping bag in the backseat. I usually run around w/ it there all winter anyway. Then I stopped by my mechanics who tested the battery and said it was down to 40%. Got a new battery put in and my CD player is working again (mechanic isn't exactly sure why it did, I'm just glad to have it back) and I suspect the trip odometer will stabilize also. (No, Carolyn, didn't fix the problem w/ my door not locking w/ the fob.) While I do love living in the Northwoods, I would never want to be stranded on the road in the winter here.

No comments: