Monday, October 18, 2010

Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens)

Spent the afternoon catching up on requests for absentee ballots. A clerk gets requests in all sorts of ways. While I was at the bank, someone from the township stopped me and said they wanted to vote absentee. The treasurer told me during the town meeting that her neighbor had said something about voting absentee. The county clerk forwarded an e-mail request from a person in my area. Well... you can see how it goes. Technically, a voter needs get an absentee request form, fill it out, send it to their municipalities clerk, who then sends them a ballot w/ a return envelope. However, it's not a process many people use very often so they don't remember how to do it. Not a problem. As much as I can, I try to make it as simple and quick for the voters while still making sure all of "the t's are crossed and i's dotted".

No comments: