Monday, September 13, 2010

Pluteus admirabilis mushroom

It's a well known axiom that if something is going to go wrong it does it on a weekend or holiday. Sure enough, Saturday I suddenly heard a very loud noise and Ori hurtled out of her cat door w/ her tail fluffed out. The sewer siren is located in the utility room (where Ori eats & hangs out) and it was definitely going off. I shut the siren off and tried to remember the last time I had the holding tank pumped. It's oversized and I had it pumped less than 2 years ago. I called the sanitation company who said they would send a truck out Monday afternoon. Because the siren went off, they wanted me there so they could check there was nothing else wrong. Another axiom is the one day you can't stay late at work, you will need to. Mike & I had just started cleaning the west side of the parlor when two burly guys came in and said they were there to replace the chains that raise and lower the stanchions. Since they had to be done by 1:00 so the next milking could start and Mike had already foamed that side of the parlor, we worked around them. I was well after noon when I got home. A final axiom is when a company tells you they will be at your home at a certain time, they won't. There, taped to my front door, was a bill from the sanitation department. They had pumped the sewer at 7:00 a.m. Still - all's well that ends well.

No comments: