Friday, February 19, 2010

Orchids

It was below zero when I walked into work at 5:00 am this morning - cold enough that we shook off any remaining drops of post-dip from the cow's teats before letting them walk back to the barn. I had left a 1/2 bottle of Pepsi in my car. Figured it would be frozen by the time I finished work but was very surprised to find no ice in it whatsoever. At the dairy, we park our cars (or trucks) outside facing south over an open field. Sitting in the morning sun my car's internal temp was 47 degrees F when I got off work at 9:30 am. My Aunt Bev had just told me that, to get her cinnamon rolls to rise properly in the winter, she sets the dough in her car on sunny days. Hmm... Winter sunbathing in my car? Nah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

Anonymous said...

I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this?