Monday, March 23, 2009

Garden flag in the wind

On Sunday night I love to listen to NPR when they broadcast old time radio programs. Last night was "The Quiz Kids" from the 1940's. I figured the children would be similar to "Are you smarter than a 5th grader" - bright but fairly normal. Not this group. Questions started out hard but when they got to a series of questions where the moderator described a bug and the kids naming the garden vegetable or fruit that bug was likely to eat, I was amazed. I was blown away when the kids were played songs from operas and they had to name the character who sang that aria. For the last question one of the kids actually sang the rest of the piece in it's original Italian. I need to go back to school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time the Live from the Met opera is being telecast at our local movie theater, I'll invite you down...wait a second, you don't like opera. You wouldn't even watch the Life of Pavrotti on PBS. Oh well, I'll just think of you next time I go to the opera.