Sunday, May 20, 2018

Lilacs and Eastern Tiger Swallowtail butterfly

I usually take the back way through the hills when I'm coming home from Church city.  I don't often see traffic on the road but I did see three cars bunched up far ahead of me.   I came around a corner and saw the first two cars going on but the last one had turned cross ways in the road and a man in a uniform had a hand up toward me.  He made a stirring motion which I interpreted as turn around and go back so I did.  Figured the little caravan had all been police cars on their way to a fire? accident?  It wasn't until tonight when I was checking bird houses that I saw my brother Russell who filled me in on the fugitive murderer being hunted in the hills.  Russell said the police had the road blocked for a short time by his place.   Of course that started me wondering if I was the fugitive what would I do.   I'd stay away from the summer/hunting cabins sprinkled through the area - police know them and will be checking them first.  Police could bring in infrared cameras.  However the hills are an undulating granite landscape covered w/ a high canopy of leaves and thick underbrush that would help disperse a heat signature not to mention all of the false positives caused by bear and deer.  Dogs would be the biggest problem but even they could be fooled.  I think I'd find a rocky overhang, move around only at sunrise and sunset, and eat off the land for awhile.  Interesting mind game.

No comments: