Friday, May 18, 2018

Helios rising

Blitzen jumped up on the computer desk and mewed.  Her signal for me to throw a ball for her to chase.  I obligingly got up and rolled it into the living room.  Indy was sprawled out on the floor and the ball bounced to a stop by her nose.  While Dunder will play w/ the dog, Blitzen keeps a respectful distance.  She padded back to me crying the ball was out of bounds.  This was easy to fix.  I let Indy out for her morning perimeter check.  A coyote has been coming in close lately and Indy likes to make sure the area is marked as a keep-out zone.  Blitzen now grabbed the ball and brought it back for me to retoss.  This went on for awhile until she tired out.   Indy finished her patrol and was at the back door.  I let her in and she pushed her nose into my knees.  Her signal that she wanted petting.  I obliged.  Dunder strolled over to us, flopped down, and rolled over on his back.  He wanted in on some of that petting action.  I use treats to train my pets.  They train me by acting so blasted cute.

No comments: