Saturday, April 21, 2018

Morning Reflections

There is a rather large puddle in front of my door.  Comes from the large bank of snow the plow guy deposited there over the season.  This excess water normally either soaks into the soil (can't because the ground is still frozen) or follows the natural lay of the land to the south (can't do that either since the bank of snow is acting as a dike).  The beginnings of a morning chorus while Indy and I took our morning constitutional - some robins, larks, red-winged blackbirds, gold finches, and turkey.  Saw a tree swallow sitting on a bird house as I and Indy drove off to do errands.  Cracked the windows at my various stops since temps are now above freezing during the day.  Errands completed and near noon I would usually stop off at Culver's for a hamburger before driving back home through the hills.  Because of the warmer weather (and I'm reading a book that takes place on the Navajo Res) picked up a burrito at Taco John's.   Figure these are all signs of spring.

No comments: