Sunday, March 18, 2018

Ski Hill at Dusk

As I've said before, my house is a square w/ the corners oriented to each of the cardinal directions.  Makes it cock-eyed to the road but allows maximum advantage of passive solar heating.  Yesterday was a relatively warm winter day (temp in the low 40's) and sunny.  W/ that extra bump of sunlight the house was a very warm 80 degrees.  It's still heating season in the Northwoods and I'm loathe to bleed off free heat in anyway.  Checked on the kittens.  They were napping stretched out full length in the sun.  Indy felt as I did though so I grabbed a cup of coffee and a crossword puzzle and we went out on the deck.  The big drift there has melted enough that my rocking chair is free of snow.  I sat in the sun while Indy settled down next to my chair.  Put my feet up on a stool, stripped off my socks, and let my feet get tanned.  Felt good.

No comments: