Saturday, January 06, 2018

High flying at sunrise

I got it after the second time Indy went to the back door to be let out but then wouldn't go.  She didn't want to just go outside - she wanted to go outside w/ me.   Temp was just above zero but w/ a breeze.  I donned my gear and off we went.  The hunters must not have been very successful this deer hunt since there are lots of tracks in the snow.  My neighbor left a stand of corn, I have a salt lick out, and in between I found where the deer had bedded down and dug the snow aside to get at the grasses underneath.  Once we got in a protected area away from the wind it actually was quite pleasant to be out and about.  I'd even refer to my dog as "being like, really smart". (ha)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Using that reference might be an insult to your dog.