Wednesday, November 15, 2017

More Fog

My state rep "Jimmy Boy" sent me an unsolicited e-mail about his great idea of upping the fines on people poaching larger deer.  His idea was that the bigger the distance between end tines on the antlers, the higher the fine.  I sent him back an e-mail that I thought this was unnecessarily adding red tape to law enforcement.  He left me a personal message on the phone about why we needed to 'Save our Trophy Deer'.  I still didn't agree w/ him but I was impressed that he actually addressed my concern.  When my garbage company stopped picking up recyclables (Recycling is a law in my state) I sent Jimmy Boy an e-mail asking why a garbage pickup company - that has to be certified by the state to do business -  wasn't required to offer recycling services.  It took over a week but I got a call from Jimmy Boy's assistant saying they were looking into it and expected some answers back next week.  She'd give me an update then.  Cool.  I may actually vote for 'Jimmy Boy' next time he's up for election.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, please don't. We are going to have a GREAT woman candidate. I'll remind you when the "Progressive" women's meeting is.