Thursday, November 09, 2017

3 Pets A-Sleeping

I joined the "Friends of the Library" group (gotta remember to give them my dues).  Once a year they put on a Book & White Elephant sale so I was going to offer to help cleanup the library afterward.  That seemed it would be the easiest thing to do.  That list was filled by the time I saw it so I had to go w/ setting up for the sale.  That part seemed like it would be incredibly hard.  We would need to go through all of the book donations and put them in grouping of inspirational - children's - music - movies - books on tape - westerns - harlequins - non-fiction - and fiction by author.  Four of us started working at 3 this afternoon and finished around 5.  This was my first time but the others said usually they didn't finish in one session and had to come in again the next morning.  We've got fewer books this time so that helped and, as I said before, I had sorted many books already when I was doing my regular volunteer stints during the week.   As we went through everything, I and another worker found books we wanted so set those aside and paid for them tonight.  There are side benefits to volunteering.

No comments: