Sunday, October 15, 2017

Daylily seed pod

I read an article that suggested that part of getting a good night's sleep is to have a bed-time ritual.  I didn't think I had one (but then falling asleep has never been an issue for me).  However after thinking more about it I guess I do. The dog brings her Kong biscuit ball over to me.  If it's after 6 p.m. I fill it w/ treats and she happily trots over to a quiet place to play w/ it.  I call for the kittens and feed them in the utility room. While they eat I check that Indy's water bowl is full and then call for her and we take our after-dark walk.  Once we are back home Indy prefers to go out to her run so she can continue to listen to night sounds.   The cats are now in their active time.  I sit down at my desk to put out a blog entry.  Have to be a little careful since more than once I've had a kitten vault from the back of a stuffed chair, across the laptop, land on the desk and slide off the end.   Monday through Friday, the start of 'Hogan's Heros' on MeTV is my reminder it's time to hit the hay. Indy comes back into the house and I set the sleep time on the TV.  I'm not sure that is what the article meant by a relaxing winding down schedule.  It will all fall apart if MeTV ever changes when 'Hogan's Heros' reruns are aired.

No comments: