Saturday, September 23, 2017

Kathy and Nancy on ski hill

Kathy, Nancy, and I all met for a day of Leaf-Peeping activities.  I drove up to the ski hill.  They opened up for the weekend so people could take the ski lift to the top and view the countryside in color.  After that we drove over to the area where Nancy grew up and did some shopping, a little hiking, and had dinner.  It was just beginning to get dark as we started back home. I haven't driven this car after dark since I bought it in June.  The road signs were shining back at me so I knew my lights  were on but as it got darker I realized it wasn't the main headlights. After a little finagling got the lights on and then the high beams.  Wasn't exactly sure how I'd managed it.  A car was coming and suddenly my lights dimmed automatically.  A collective "Oooooh" came from all three of us. My car recognized when the other one had passed and, w/o me doing anything, brought up the high beams. That garnered another "Oooooh" from us.  (You'd never guess we all have a technical backgrounds.)  Anyway, with winter coming, it's obvious I need to get out the manual and learn what other things the car will do in cold/snow/and ice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue you can set your headlights to Auto and they will come on automatically when it is dark enough. They then shut off the same way. Should be a little setting on the stick that says auto. Only thing to check is after oil change they seem to set it back to off for some reason.

Flip