Thursday, August 17, 2017

Chokecherries

I don't know Indy's lineage.  She's quite smart so I've always thought she was partially a herding breed.  I got verification of that this morning.  By mistake, I left the back screen door open a few weeks ago.  Both kittens were outside when Brent called it to my attention.  Since then they have watched for another chance to 'walk on the wild side'.  When I opened the front door this morning, Dunder bolted out.  While I put shoes on I called for Indy and pointed at Dunder who was gleefully leaping down the driveway.  Indy figured Dunder shouldn't be outside and took off in pursuit.  She got on the other side of Dunder and executed an excellent imitation of a cutting horse to prevent Dunder from going further.  Dunder turned and ran across the lawn.  Indy was close behind so Dunder turned up the path I have mowed around the stockade's perimeter.   However Indy is also part Labrador Retriever and became more interested about smells in the tall grass.  I was close enough now to catch Dunder who had also stopped - enticed by other smells in the grass.  If you are wondering why Blitzen didn't also make a break for it, it's because she is the thinker of the two. You see it was raining during that whole chase scene.  Dunder was one soaked cat by the time I got him back inside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

cjb

Brent said...

A lot of excitement for your morning! Now can you train the cats to come when you call them? Probably only for their food ha!