Friday, October 28, 2016

A little fog

When my brother-in-law was here, he commented on just how dark it can get in the country where there aren't any street lights, few house lights, and even fewer cars on the road. One of those facts I suppose I intrinsically knew but never think about until someone else mentions it. As usual, when I wake up in the morning, first thing I do is walk outside. Indy comes along as self-appointed body guard. The autumnal pre-dawn sky is full of first magnitude stars.   I look up and mentally go through the constellations I can see and then pick out planets passing through. After that I make a count of farm lights. As the trees drop leaves I can see further so the count is up to 8 now.  This morning there was a bonus light fog. Gave a nice "Halloween" glow in the countryside's dark.

No comments: