Monday, June 06, 2016

Wild Columbine

Once again I got caught in a rainstorm. I was watching Endeavor on PBS. Twice it was interrupted by marine storm warnings. That storm was pretty far away and traveling to the SE. Should miss me. Just in case, after the show finished, I checked the local weather on-line. No precipitation predicted for another four hours at least. As I started out I checked out the dark clouds to the north. Shouldn't be a problem, Wind was blowing out of the south. So Indy and I took off since I was anxious to check what was blooming in the swamp this week. Knew something was up when I hit the right-of-way cut through the swamp: wind was howling; I could hear far off thunder; dark clouds overhead. Found wild columbine in bloom just as the storm hit. On the good side, w/ all of the vegetation overhead, I got wet but not drenched. On the bad side, I could hear occasional snapping in the woods and had to brush off twigs that fell on me. Sun was out again by the time we climbed out of the swamp though the wind was from the other direction. Not my worst walk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just bought some wild columbine at our annual plant sale. Now where to plant it? Carolyn