Thursday, August 25, 2016
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
With all of these delicious poisons at hand, kinda makes you wonder why the old West had so much gun violence.
Sunday, August 21, 2016
Saturday, August 20, 2016
Friday, August 19, 2016
Thursday, August 18, 2016
As we got closer to the house a group of deer jumped off through the meadow - just clearing the tall grass where they had been well hidden. One little deer stayed put - hoping that standing still would be enough for me to pass her by. It's true that if I hadn't seen her move earlier, I would have assumed all of the deer were gone. Eventually being alone w/ a predator nearby was just too much for her to bear and she took off to join the rest of the herd. Take a look and see if you would have noticed her.
Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Monday, August 15, 2016
Sunday, August 14, 2016
Friday, August 12, 2016
Mom used to get up from the supper table and turn off the TV momentarily when a commercial popped on that she thought was not proper. I don't remember what the ads were - maybe for bras or other underclothing. Over time we've all become much more blase about what gets hyped between shows. Superlatives about tampons, catheters, and Viagra-type pills have no effect any longer on us. However, I was seriously grossed out by a new ad for an ear wax removal gizmo. At first I was holding it all together until the actor said, "Look at all the wax" and the scene broke away to show a closeup of the gadget w/ something yellow on it. I turned away and gagged. I agree w/ mom. There are just some things that shouldn't be shown on TV.
Thursday, August 11, 2016
- July 29 12:15 a.m. A man reported his neighbor's cattle were again in his yard. He said next time he'd shoot them. He was advised to call law enforcement instead.
- July 29 8:41 p.m. Traffic stop for speeding. The driver said he was having a digestive issue and needed to find a restroom quickly.
- July 30 10:30 p.m. A woman reported items missing from her apartment but she wasn't sure what was gone. She was given a form to complete when she remembered what was missing.
- July 31 6:27 a.m. Caller reported a truck in the ditch but no one around. The truck smelled of beer. Deputy found a wedding invitation for July 30 inside truck. The driver was located and failed a breath test. He was arrested for OWI.
- August 1 7:45 a.m. A jail inmate stabbed a deputy with a spork.
- August 1 9:21 a.m. A man reported he left his gun on top of his truck and drove to work. It was now gone. He retraced his route from work but couldn't find it.
- August 3 2:58 a.m. 911 call from driver who said he was lost on a state highway and running out of gas. Deputy gave directions to nearest gas station.
- August 3 6:48 p.m. A woman reported when she returned to her residence after being released from jail, her landlord had moved her belongings to her car. She said her cash, credit card, and fentanyl patches were missing.