Friday, May 11, 2018

Trout Lily - both the yellow and white varieties


Went nursery-hopping w/ my friend Nancy this morning.   Drove north to a big nursery and stopped off on the way for breakfast at a greasy spoon (i.e. food good, ambiance poor).  Had meant to just pick up some already planted baskets but didn't see any that I liked so resorted back to getting individual plants to make my own.  Also brought home herbs, an inside plant, and my usual day lily.  Stopped off at another nursery for potting soil.  Once home I started getting dirty.  I need four pots for Memorial Day but made six so I have some options on which flowers look best by then.  Potted the herbs and repotted a few of the geraniums I overwintered.  Tonight I'm out of potting soil and I can think of a couple of more plants I could use.  Looks like another nursery visit tomorrow.

No comments: