Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Song Sparrow (I think)

Figured the tulips I brought into the library last week would have faded by now.  I had to trim out the little plum trees that have established themselves in the stockade so made a nice arrangement out of their blooms: spring-like, fragrant and rather well done (if I say so myself).  Took it in this morning when I attended Coffee and Conversation at the library.  I found out there was no volunteer for the afternoon shift and this afternoon would be the last Lego Club meeting until school started next September.  I started my shift early to give the librarian time to get ready for the onslaught on kids.  She told me to use up all of the remaining snacks so the animal crackers were flying.  I let the kids have seconds if they asked and the teenage volunteers snarfed down whatever was left.  Tonight's walk w/ Indy was after dark but light enough still to see that the lilacs are getting ready to bloom.  Probably can make a bouquet of those for next week.

No comments: