Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Ruby-throated hummingbird

Feel like I've spent the entire day at the library.  Went in at 10:00 when it opened for the weekly Coffee and Conversation get-together.  That finishes at 11:30.  I was reminded as I left that the volunteer meeting began a 1:00.  Went home, made some lunch, watered the plants, and took off again for the library.  A rep from the main office of the library system that we belong to gave us a training session about inter-library loans and some of the lesser known access capabilities of their computer system.   It was a good meeting but I was dead tired for some reason.  A little after 3:00 when the meeting broke up I went home again, set an alarm, and quickly fell asleep for 30 minutes.  Woke up and it was back to the library for my front desk shift after first stopping off for a Pepsi and a copy of the weekly paper.   I closed up the library at 7:00.  It could be I overloaded on the number of people I had to be pleasant to today.   Think Indy and I will spend the remaining daylight hours on the deck.  She doesn't care if I smile or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is difficult to be nice all day long.