Saturday, May 19, 2018

Miterwort

I checked the weather report - cloudy but in the upper 70's.  I cleaned up around the peonies in the morning - they are just poking out of the ground.  Indy and I took off for a walk through the swamps.    Found these tiny miterwort which are always a challenge to photograph because of their size.  Back home I started up the mower for the first time this season.  My mowing job was pretty haphazard.  Found some places I'll have to fix where there are ruts or banked gravel from the winter plowing.  Mowed around two patches of pussytoes and one of violets.  By the next time I mow they will be finished blooming.  Drove right over the wild strawberries though.  They are creepers and short enough that the mower went over the top of their blooms.  The north wind picked up and the temp dropped.  Brought in my potted plants and threw old sheets over the ones I left out on the deck.  Doubt we will get to freezing but it will be close.

No comments: