Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Library display - Orrefors


Took Indy into the vet for a yearly exam and to get a Lyme's booster.   The appointment was made in March.  Then there were large patches of bare ground and roadway weight limits had just started while frost went out of the ground.  Since then we've had a number of snow storms and tick season seems far off.    All that snow did help me in procuring the 'sample' the vet's office requested.   The vet gave  Indy a quick once over, gave her the shot, asked if I had any concerns and that was it.  Before leaving I picked up a year's supply of tick repellent and Heartworm medicine.   This morning, though, the vet's office called to say they found Toxidia in Indy's feces.  She could have picked it up from a myriad of sources - even drinking water in puddles on the ground.  The vet said if she showed signs of diarrhea he'd prescribe medicine but otherwise her own immune system would be enough to get rid of it.  I really like this vet and not just because he refrains from referring to me as my dog's "mother."

No comments: