Sunday, March 11, 2018

This season's jigsaw puzzles

 The jigsaw fever I get after Christmas every year is abating.  I found that pulling away the kitchen stools I could put the puzzles together on the kitchen counter w/o too much interference from the kittens.  Strangely they seemed content w/ sitting on the stools and watching me.
 This weekend was planned as my last Christmas party.  The GNO (Girls Night Out) group was to meet at my place, go out to eat, exchange presents, and pick a theme for next year.  It was easy when we all worked to make plans to do that but as each of us retired it has become harder and harder to find a date we all had free. Eventually this weekend's party had to be cancelled.
 Instead my friend Nancy and I decided on a movie night.  She came over on Friday night.  We ate out at J&S restaurant (which will be the last time I go there) and then watched Fiddler on the Roof.  Nancy was asleep in the easy chair before the first daughter was married. 



 The next morning I made coffee and we sat down to a couple of episodes of Terra Nova.  It was a TV series from 2011.  I thought it had everything one would want in a movie - science, explosions, and dinosaurs.  Nancy thought it was OK.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed :(
Home tonight.

kn

Unknown said...

I was hoping the dinosaurs would win.