Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Snowmobile Trail

Indy and I hadn't even been able to walk as far as Gorgeous Gorge since a couple of snow storms ago.  My neighbor Blake rode his snowmobile over the fields to my place on Friday.  The tracks he made would work well for taking walks.  He suggested waiting a couple of days to let the tracks crust over.  Even though the daytime temps have hovered just below freezing, the sunshine melts the top layer of snow and that layer of moisture freezes hard when the night time temps plummet.  On Sunday Indy and I went for a walk.  It worked wonderfully.  Once in a while Indy would go off the trail to check out something and she would struggle through the deep drifts.  However the snowmobile trail was strong enough to let me stroll along on top of the snow.   So Indy and I are taking daily walks out across the meadow again - at least in the early morning before the sun turns the trails to mush.

No comments: