Wednesday, March 14, 2018

High Cloud Sunrise

Heard on the BBC that Stephen Hawking died.  I thought I would reread my copy of 'A Brief History of Time' but I couldn't find it.  Think I donated it to the library sometime.  So I got on-line and ordered it from the library (this time on CD).  Indy and I went walking the snowmobile trails.  Made the wrong assumption that they followed my summer walking trails but Blake had made his own trails over the snow so Indy and I ended up walking further than planed but it was great being out and about again.  At noon I had pizza in honor of Pi day (3.14...).  Tonight I volunteered at the library.    Lately the Boy Scout leader has been having one-on-one meetings w/ boys that want to get to the level of Tenderfoot.  I can't see them but when the library is quiet I can hear them.  The Boy Scout leader has more patience than I would have. He has a knack of getting each boy to open up and answer the questions in their book.  The answers are easy - at least to adults.  How do you find your way out of a woods if you are lost?  What do you do if you come across an accident?   Can you name the types of animals in your backyard?   The boys often come up w/ shall we say 'innovative' answers.  Indy and I went out on our after-dark constitutional when I got home.  That's pretty much the highlights of my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had pizza today also in honor of Pi day. Maybe it was because we just craved it today and didn't know it was Pi day? One or the other.


Flip