Friday, March 16, 2018

Cold Sunrise

Blitzen likes to chase a little plastic ball w/ a bell in it so I keep a cache of them in a toy box under the pew.   I'm attempting to teach her to 'retrieve' the ball for me.  I wait until she is actively playing w/ the ball, take it, tease her a bit by shaking it so it makes a noise, and then throw it across the room.  She runs after it, picks it up in her mouth, trots back to me, and drops it in my general vicinity  for me to toss again.  Today to push the trick a bit further, I kept the ball.  My plan was to later shake the ball so it made a noise and she would come to me to play.   Blitzen looked at me expectantly but when I didn't toss it she just trotted off.  Before too long I heard the recognizable sound of the bell being shook.  I went to see what was up.  Bliten must have squeezed into the toy box, grabbed another ball, and carried it out to play w/.  Since I was there now she looked up at me to see if I would toss it for her.  Yes, she's doing a good job of teaching me her trick.

No comments: