Tuesday, January 09, 2018

1915 - Chester Kurtz and Daisy Swanson wedding photo

I sat in the dentist waiting room this morning.  They have a big screen TV there but this time it was only running a series of clips about oral-hygiene.  To me, the dentistry profession takes itself  way too seriously.  I'd heard about the possibility of cardiovascular problems if infections in your mouth fed into the blood stream and that kinda made sense.  These shorts warned that problems w/ your teeth can cause seven times the possibility of pre-term births, cancer of the throat, kidney problems, pancreatic problems, Alzheimer's, and premature death.  There was even a notice that germs that cause cavities are spread by kissing and sharing food.  No wonder I had so many cavities in my 20's.  (In the doctor's office the big screen TV just runs the weather channel.)  The hygienist who cleaned my teeth seemed pretty normal.   Her license on the wall had 2015 on it so she's probably too new to have picked up the 'Twilight Zone vibe' most hygienists emit.   The dentist came in and proclaimed everything looked good.  While the dentist did check for cancer in my mouth ("Move your tongue to the left. ... No, your other left.") neither he, the hygienist, nor the receptionist said boo about the big black and blue mark w/ two red marks in the middle of my forehead.  Must be the brow is far enough away from the mouth to be outside their purview.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really! You are just going to leave us hanging on that one? Take a selfie and post it right now. Your sister says so...

cjb

Anonymous said...

What happened? Not a face plant like mine I hope! Cat jumped from bookshelf & landed on you? Dog? A friend pushed you? Fist fight?

kn