Thursday, January 04, 2018

1907 - My grandfather Chester and his brother Walter

While Indy and I always take our daily pre-dawn and post-sunset constitutionals, we sometimes don't take a long walk during the winter.  Today the temp was almost up to zero, the winds were calm, not more than a foot of snow, and the sun was shining - as good as it's going to get.  We took off for a walk.  On the other side of Gorgeous Gorge I heard a chainsaw.  Russell must be getting firewood.  Yep, he had two dead trees  pretty much cut up by the time Indy and I got there.   His dog Chinook usually accompanies him but he said it was too cold for Chinook to be out.  I looked over at Indy.  She's got as much fur as a bear right now - keep the snow out of her paws and she's OK.  I loaded enough firewood to feel I'd been helpful and then backtracked along the tractor trail to where it crossed a path back home.  Not a long walk but exhilarating.

No comments: