Saturday, December 09, 2017

Ragnarok at night

Anita and I drove to the village's Christmas celebration.  One of our stops was the fire station for the craft show.  They had moved out the engine and other vehicles to make one large room for the vendors to set up.  I picked up some gifts (including black truffle cheese for me) and then waited near the door while Anita made her own way through the vendors.  She came out w/ parcels and I asked what she had picked up.  "Some gifts and a bag of cookies." she replied.  Anita had stopped at a table w/ baked goods (that I must have missed) and struck up a conversation w/ the vendor.  She said the lady had talked her ear off w/ all of the horrible mishaps that had occurred to her in the last month.  "What else could I do but buy something?" Anita said.  "The cookies looked the least objectionable."  A unusual way of phrasing it.   "What are you going to do w/ them?" I asked.  Anita smiled.  "Give them to Doug."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty Picture! The new furniture looks inviting.

cjb