Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Library display



The new librarian thought it would be nice to take one of the display cabinets and move up by the front desk.  The one up front I put Christmas/Winter dishes in.  The village's official Christmas celebration is this weekend.  There will be a lot of people coming in and out that day and I wanted to be sure to have the display ready.  I walked in this morning to just put some finishing touches on it.  I saw that Diane, the librarian, had no volunteers today.  Told her I would man the front desk while she took some time for lunch/errands/etc.  She asked if I would mind updating the volunteer list (e.g. retyping it) and if the volunteers knew they should shut off the Christmas lights on the tree as part of the closing procedures.  I said I would retype closing procedures also.  She also said she'd like to know how many people come in each month.  Not a problem, I just had to pull up the attendance graph.  Between those tasks, watching the desk, and finishing the display cabinets I didn't get out of there until 3:30.  Not exactly how I expected to spend the afternoon but outside there was a bitter wind blowing snow around.  Wasn't planning on a long walk thru the swamps anyway.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So Pretty!! I love the napkin folds!

cjb