Monday, November 13, 2017

Sun Pillar at Sunset

On the second walk of the day, I decided to take the cut that goes between the old and new forests.  Indy had refused to go this way w/ me all summer but once I chose the path today, she led the way.  She seemed fine - waited for me (I'm not as fast on two legs as she is on four), sniffed around here and there, and trotted along w/ her tail held high.  I still don't know what her aversion w/ the woods was this summer.   The forest was tick infested in the spring but then so was every where else.  Maybe she could smell wolves there?  Doubt that a dog who goes after bear would tremble at the thought of a wolf.  Had she been hurt in that area?  Not that I know of.  Maybe the leaf canopy made the path dark?   Could be but even if she was blind she would be able to pick out the path better than I can.  At the moment, I'm just happy that the old woods are again OK w/ her to walk through.

No comments: