Sunday, November 19, 2017

Red Oak leaf

We lost the cloud cover from yesterday so temps dropped overnight.  The pre-dawn constitutional was cold and I was just wearing a windbreaker.  I figure it's a good thing to go for these walks even in bad weather - toughens a person up (although at 65 I'm probably as tough as I'm going to get.) Anyway I was cold.  Therefore I searched the sky until I found some bright stars near the eastern horizon.  Were they stars? Oriented myself and realized they must be planets.   Mercury? Saturn? No, must be Venus and Jupiter.   Close enough to make a picture?  Not yet.   Made a mental note to check and see if they are going to come together later in the week.  Mars should be nearby.  Couldn't find it in the brightening sky.  Figured it was time to check in w/ myself.  Yes, it worked -  I was no longer freezing.  That's how you keep warm - just don't think about the cold.

No comments: