Friday, November 10, 2017

Harrier (a/k/a Marsh Hawk)

Didn't have breakfast this morning because I went to the clinic for lab tests.  These are for my "Welcome to Medicare" checkup next week.  First a blood draw.  As usual, the tech drooled at the sight of my right arm's vein.  My little brothers tell me I must have developed such a prominent vein because I carried so many books back and forth to school.  Then off for a bone density check.  I had no idea what to expect but it turned out to be pretty simple.  Just lie down while they take an x-ray of my lower spine and pelvis.  Next, my yearly mammogram.  Must admit those techs know how to put a half-naked person at ease.  While I was maneuvered around, she spun the tale of her two dachshunds trying to decide where they wanted to pee this morning.  It was a frigid 2 degrees and the little dogs were torn between their usual searching around for that perfect place to let loose - or - getting the deed done quickly so they could go back to the warm house.  Face it, any story involving dachshunds is intrinsically funny.

No comments: