Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Basswood Grove at sunrise

When I went to the optometrist two months ago, he had problems getting my right eye to 20/20 vision.  He thought I might be having eye issues because of allergies so gave me the option of putting saline drops in for a week and coming back for a retest -or- being referred to an ophthalmologist to make sure there wasn't something else going on.  I immediately asked for the referral.  Both of my younger brothers had rips in their retinas this year plus I don't have any allergies.   My referral appointment was early this morning in College Town.  I sat down in the waiting room and looked around.  Lots of modern art on the walls.  Makes sense - most people coming in probably can't see very well anyway.  An assistant did the conventional eye tests and then put drops in my eyes.  When I saw the doc he said his family hailed from my neck-of-the-woods.  Turns out his uncle (great-uncle?) had tapped maple trees on the farm years ago.  The doc found nothing wrong w/ my eyes and put the correction problems to 'aging'.  I donned a pair of sun glasses for the drive home but was happy the new car does so many things automatically.  Checked out my eyes in the mirror when I got home.  Surprisingly I now had blue eyes.  My eye color is hazel like my father's: a blue ring on the outside, green on the inside, and spots and rays of golden brown intermixed.  My eyes were still so dilated only the outer blue ring was showing.   Hopefully they will be back to normal by library duty tonight so I don't look like I'm high on something.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I have the same color eyes but I got the hazel part when I was a teenager. I refer to the brown as brown crowns.