Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Sewer Sucking

I received a postcard from the county zoning office reminding me it was time to pump my septic tank again.  Rural home owners have to buy and install their own septic systems.  Every five years or so the county dictates that sludge in the bottom of the holding tank needs to be removed by a certified septic cleaning company.   I'm not sure why the county is concerned about the maintenance of my private sewage system but it is.  I'd forgotten that the tanker was coming today until I was hanging out my clothes on the line and saw the truck pulling into my driveway.  So the driver didn't need to walk past my hanging 'under things' I unpinned those few items and tossed them back into the clothes basket.  The operator was a big burly happy guy who was efficient and even serviced my sewer filter.  I clean the filter myself twice a year but only when I have other people at the house - just in case I were to fall into the sewer during the process.  "Not that we would go in after you." My brother pointed out. "But it would be nice to know what happened."

No comments: